Portside

Constructed in 1946, the former Burnie Technical School was one of a number of outstanding designs by the main architect from Tasmania’s Public Works Dept., Sydney Blythe. During construction, human remains were disturbed and bones removed, and it was later realized that it was on the site of one of Burnie’s original graveyards. In 1959, a motor mechanic workshop was erected by Stubbs Construction linking the adjacent saw-tooth roof building at
1-3 Spring St.

page back page forward

 

home page Return to map Download podcast or wallpapers Contact Us

© Copyright Bridie Films August 2007

Burnie People | Burnie Suburbs | Links