Department of Transport

The building was constructed by M M Smith from South Burnie as a butter factory for the Northwest Co-operative Dairy Co. Note the rounded building edges, extended vertical windows and extensive use of glass bricks – the latest styling at the time. Changes were made in 1956 and the building is currently used by the Dept. of Transport.



page back page forward

home page Return to map Download podcast or wallpapers Contact Us

© Copyright Bridie Films August 2007

Burnie People | Burnie Suburbs | Links