Constructed in 1937 to a design by prominent Melbourne architects Hugh and Arthur Peck, this striking moderne block of ten flats in red brick features was purpose-built as rental accommodation. It has curved walls punctuated with contrasting lines and a flat roof. It represented the latest in European styling. The block also featured a row of garages on the boundary - an indication of sophistication in interwar Burnie.
Originally known as Cromer Court, the block was commissioned by Mr Bullings. The builder was Frederick Parsons. It was extensively renovated sympathetically to the era in the 1990’s and now operates as a four star boutique hotel.